Formatted Notes don't respect the Default Font preferences

When creating a Formatted Note through either the Sorter or using Tools > Take Note… from within DTP, the font selected in Preferences > Rich Text & Note Font is not respected. The font selection is respected if Data > New > Formatted Note is used.

I apologize if this has been covered before. I did a search and didn’t see any mention of this particular issue.

Dave

I can confirm @dvrooman’s report. The font selection in Preferences should be respected.

I imported some plain text files. I resent the font size larger. The change is visible until I leave the file and then return. Then it’s back to the original (too small) size.

I resent the default font size in Preferences, shut down DTOP and reopened it. No joy.

Is this the same problem? Is it resolved?

Thanks,
Mark

Thanks for the bug report, the next maintenance release will fix this.

Awesome.

Is there any update on this? My new rich text notes don’t obey the currently set font preference under “Rich Text and Note Font.”

Thanks

Do you mean it doesn’t work with newly created documents or existing ones?

Newly created (technically neither, but I don’t expect it to work on existing documents).

I have the preference set, have restarted both DT and the computer, and when I create a new document or make a note, the default font (specifically the size) set in preferences is not used.

So, the font family and typeface you chose in Preferences > Editing is set correctly, but not the size. Perhaps you have defined a the Default RTF style in TextEdit or some other app that uses OS X TextKit to use a different size for that font family?

The most reliable way to always get RTFs set up the way you want them to be, is to format an RTF document to your satisfaction, then use Export > as Template … and save the file as a new Template in ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Templates.noindex. Use the Template by Data > New From Template or assign a keyboard shortcut to the template. With the latter, you’ll be able to create new RTFs exactly to your specification at the stroke of a key.

Thanks, Korm. This resolves a longstanding issue for me.