French dictionary

I tried to type a quick note but the French dictionary associated with my keyboard layout does not come into action. There is no auto-correction.

Also, the interface does not support French very well. Fields are too short so you just cannot read the button labels. The first steps text is also something which should not have seen the light.

I can help if needed.

French auto-correction has been ok for me. You’re using the right keyboard?

for the settings being cut off, yeah I’ve noticed that too. Probably happens in German too. and someone didn’t see that? :slight_smile:

Yes, I was using the right keyboard and it did not work. Yet, I tried again now and it does.

In the meantime, I synced (I crashed-sync), I should say as it took me at least 6 or 7 restarts to get my databases on the iPad.

The localization is however appalling: I can’t bear to loose connection to
“la périphérique”.

:laughing: At least they tried. I think what DEVONtech overall needs is better design. The DTTG UI hasn’t gotten off to a good start and DT isn’t improving too much. :slight_smile:

Could you please point me to more exactly where the fields are too narrow? We will have the localization corrected by a native speaker soon.

Eric,

If you changed your iPhone UI to French or German, and look thru the entire UI and try to use it for a while, you’ll see. :slight_smile:

I know, but as you know where the culprits are this seemed quicker for me leaving more time to fix stuff for 1.0.3 :wink:

Eric.

:slight_smile: yeah true. I haven’t been using DTTG too much lately but if i find them again, I’ll try to remember this thread.