fScanX

Is there any support for the fScanX Fujitsu software drivers for Devonthink? I have been thinking of upgrading my 510M to an 11x17 scanner like the Fujitsu fi-5530C and the fScanX software seems to be the primary solution for Mac drivers.

I’m not familiar with this Fujitsu model (although I’m in love with my ScanSnap). Looking at Fujitsu’s specifications page, it appears that Fujitsu doesn’t supply Mac-compatible drivers or software, but a third-party company does.

I can’t tell whether the Mac software can send scanner output to a selected application (DTPO in this case) as is done by ScanSnap Manager. The software vendor does say that the software can use Automator and scripts.

In any case, you could send scanner output to a designated Finder folder. You will find a modified Folder Action script discussed on the forum, that could then automatically send the scanner output to DT Pro Office for OCR.

You may find the folder action that imports, OCRs and deletes the orignal from finder at ~/Library/Scripts/Folder Action Scripts/DEVONthink - Import, OCR & Delete.scpt (for DTPO installations).

A modfication to that script made by sawxray is in this posting. The modification adds a prompt from DTPO for the destination location of the file that is dropped on the folder that has the folder action attached.