Fujitsu ScanSnap Manager 64-bit Catalina

No worries! :slight_smile:

I installed Big Sur onto my MacBook Pro

:flushed::grimacing:

Brave soul.

Ha! Not as brave as it might seemā€¦

When I work at home I use an iMac, and I have a MacBook Pro which I use when working elsewhere (coffee shop, etc.) or when traveling.

And who does either of those things anymore (in the US, anyway)? So, the MacBook Pro is mostly idle, and Iā€™m risking very little by installing Big Sur on it.

A number of third-party apps donā€™t work yet, but DEVONthink 3 seems to be OK (in my limited use).

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks!

Took me a while to get used to ScanSnap Home with my IX500, but now happy with it and dubious about re-learning ScanSnap Manager. Donā€™t remember Home being slower than Manager (mentioned by someone). Does Manager have Cloud mode like Home?

I am very surprised nobody seems to care for the fact that Fujitsu forced many users to ditch their old model to use Catalina. Without a hint of future compatibility, there was no real choice for heavy users. And now that sales have been made, they come out with this. This is mafia style marketing.

1 Like

I care and am somewhat pā€¦ed. I purchased a Brother ADS-1700W to replace my 1300. It works faster and far as I can tell is ok. Software not as good as Fujitsu, IMHO. But I installed the new stuff to use for my 1100 that I take on trips with Macbook. Better than nothing I guess. But will I be enticed to purchase Futitsu in future? No.

Also so many versions on their web site. Unsure what to take. Iā€™ve guessed and weā€™ll see what happens.

Without any actual knowledge of their internal decision making, I would suggest they made an end-of-life decision for ScanSnap Manager then had a flow of complaints and inquiries regarding the software and hardware compatibility that changed their minds.

Thatā€™s not an unusual thing.

Itā€™s hard to be mad at them for actually responding to the complaints.

1 Like

And Iā€™m only making a logical guess from my years in big corporations and seeing these kinds of things first-hand, but I agree.

There was also negative reaction to the much more restrictive license agreement for Home.

I miss some of the functionality of scansnap manager. Currently using Snapscan home. The fujitsu website indicates that the new manager can be installed concurrently over home. Has anyone done that and how does it work? Currently catalina 10.15.5, scansnap ix500.

HI-
Iā€™ve added DT3 just fine but I canā€™t seem to configure the SEND to. I donā€™t get the SETTINGS button active. I do see SEND TO configured for other apps.
ANy thoughts would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks

Welcome @JackS
A screen capture of what youā€™re referring to could be helpful.

Thanks for the response-
Heres a screen shot-

You need to create or modify a scanning profile. Thatā€™s where the Send to is set.

Bluefrog,
Thanks - I actually Managed to get this set up!
Much appreciation for your guidance and assistance!!

Glad to hear it :slight_smile:

Migration from 10.14 to Catalina 10.15.6 done today. Although unsupported, S510M works absolutely fine with ScanSnap Manager v7 and DT3. Awsome.

1 Like

Adding my own success story in reviving a 10 years old ScanSnap S300M under Catalina!

I bought my first ScanSnap in February 2010, so itā€™s now 10 years and a half that I own this puppy. And I have always been very happy with it, so much so that I delayed my move to Catalina for the longest time, since there would be no way to make it work on the new macOS.

The funny thing is that the S300M is not even mentioned as a supported scanner for ScanSnap Manager, and has not been for years! Still, it worked perfectly.

At some point in time, I was missing out on too many useful updates to different applications only available on Catalina, and I was forced to change scanning and OCR workflows, and started to use my HP OfficeJet 5740 also as a scanner, but only after Apple fixed their own mess with HP Easy Scan, the app I use to scan and create PDFs, which are then fed into D3 for OCR using Hazel.

So welcome Catalina, and farewell to the trusty old ScanSnap S300M, which went into storage in a box in the cellar, after a few unsuccessful tests using VueScan, whose GUI I really did not like.

With HP Easy Scan, the quality of the scan is really good, I have to say, and I appreciate the fact that, while the printer-scanner does NOT perform dual scanning, it provides an easy way to alleviate the issue, by shuffling the pages within Easy Scan itself.

But when I discovered that SnapScan Manager came back from the dead, I couldnā€™t wait to see if they had dropped the S300M support, since again it wasnā€™t mentionedā€¦ and no, they did not!

My S300M still works perfectly, now under Catalina! Talk about return on investment with a 10 years old device! :clap:t2::pray:t2::tada:

I am sure I am one of the many who appreciated Fujitsuā€™s change of mind regarding ScanSnap Manager.

And I would NOT be happy being in the shoes of someone who had decided to dump their old scanner, instead of putting it into a box in the cellar, like I did!

Bye, Luca

1 Like