Fujitsu Scansnap S1500M or S1500?

I would like to purchase a scanner for school which works well with Devonthink, I know the Scansnap is the gold standard. I’ve looked at their site today and was hoping for a clarification.

cheetah.fcpa.fujitsu.com/right_now/

This shows their 4 scanners. I understand one is portable, one is networked, but I was hoping someone could explain to me the difference between the Fujitsu Scansnap S1500M and S1500.

Their site is all flash and while it looks nice there is no direct comparison between the two. Going on Amazon to check them out, there is also nothing that shows which does what. They look like they have exactly the same functions. They are both exactly the same price too. The only difference I can see is that one is in white the other one is in darker grey or black.

Which one do I want to work best with Devonthink? I am using a iMac 27" computer.

The S1500M provides software for using it under Mac OS X. The S1500 provides software for using it on a PC under Windows. I don’t know whether there are actually hardware or firmware differences between these models, but obviously the software suite is important.

You will need ScanSnap Manager for OS X to send scan output to DT Pro Office for OCR.

Ok duh, I’m retarded. :blush:

The M would probably mean Mac then :smiley:

Thank you Bill.