Full Screen Mode >> Question about Background Color

Hello friends!

I use the Full Screen Feature a lot to read web articles

• I was able to change the background color, font color and width in Preferences to make more pleasant to my eyes;

There is one thing that wanna ask if it is possible:

I’d like to have a different background color to the current line / active line. Here is an example:

I’m looking for something like this:

Is it possible to achieve this with a script or CSS ?

Could somebody help me with this situation? I would be extremely grateful!

Thanks and have a great day!

Hey, @Benjamin

Sorry but that’s not possible via script or CSS. Development would have to assess the request.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @BLUEFROG !

It’s okay, maybe in the future we get this feature. Would be a great additional customization to the Full Screen Mode.

Thanks again and I wish you a good Monday!

You’re welcome and thanks for the well-wishing.

There is a feature in some apps called Typewriter mode where the active area remains constant while the lines scroll through it. First request of its kind I can recall but it is noted.

1 Like

Hello again @BLUEFROG !

Thank you very much for your attention, I really appreciate!

The typewriter feature is a fantastic option, unfortunately, It’s not for my workflow :frowning:

I’m gonna take a few more minutes of your time to share my workflow:

• I have a lot of webarticles in DEVONthink in RTF/RTFD (to be able to use the fantastic Tools->Summarize Highlights);
  • I use the Full Screen Mode to read and highlight these articles;
  • After I use Summarize Highlights and start to create my own content from these highlights.

My Reading Setup:

I realize that my problem with reading on computer was related to the screen. I tested a few tweaks:

• Change the background color to a dark color;
  • change the font color to white;
  • change the font family to Mono (SFMono-Light);
  • Justify the text
  • Increase the Font Size
  • Change the width to 65%
  • use a different color to the ative line makes me concetrate in reading and not losing focus It’s like reading a book with a pencil in the hand.

Since I have to use RTD to files to use Summarize Highlights I spend the last 3 months trying to find a good RTF app to achieve my ideal reading setup. My conclusion is that nothing beats Full Screen Mode.

• Reading one of your posts, you mentioned CotEditor and I loved to deal with CSS (thanks for this!!!).
  • As you know, CotEditor has a different background-color to the active line :slight_smile:

I think it’s because people didn’t had an opportunity to try. In my opinion, reading with a different color in the line is makes my eye glues in the screen. I don’t get lost anymore. Once you do this, you don’t want to come back.

Thanks for your help! Let me know if you find any RTF editor with this feature.

My hope was that there is class to the current line that I could change in the script set properties to {background:{#,#,#}}. But that’s okay. Maybe in the future :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your attention and your time!

Glad you like CotEditor. It’s a great little app.

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@BLUEFROG !!!

Oowww this is amazing! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Much better to read, I am right ?

I am not using it for actual reading. Just showing off a bit.

My example is made possible via Markdown. This is not something that could be done in RTF(D) without Development’s involvement, and even then likely difficult or infeasible.

1 Like

@BLUEFROG !

The powerful Markdown can make a lot of cool stuff. It’s very cool ! Congratulations!

Roger that. Maybe in the future :slight_smile: