Get Link for iOS Workflow (URL Scheme)

I’m creating a workflow that takes user input, creates a note in DEVONThink and then copy’s the URL of the note tot he clipboard for use (variable input) to continue the workflow. I’m having trouble with getting the link of the created note in DEVONThink.

Is this possible? If so, what am I missing. I can create the note, just not sure about getting the link to the note from DEVONThink back into workflow.

Thanks!

If you use an x-callback-url, information will be sent back to Workflow in JSON format. This needs to be processed as a Dictionary.
If you just need the reference URL, get the itemlink from the callback’s response using Get Dictionary Value.

On a side note: An x-callback-url is a specific thing and not always needed. (Here it is.) It should be used when you are continuing a process (ie. passing data back to the Workflow for other operations), or debugging (to see what values are being passed). Otherwise, you can merely use Open URLs. (Technically, there’s no harm in using Open X-Callback URL either. It’s the structure of the URL that matters.)

Check the built-in Help or manual too, as a few options require a callback to be used.

Thanks for this! I’m going to give it a try and see what I can come up with.

No problem.

I don’t see a way to send a web page to DEVONthink To Go as a clutter-free web archive using x-callback-urls. At least not in the latest version of the documentation: ePub for DEVONthink To Go 2.6.3.

Am I missing something or is it just not there (yet)?

Clutter-free is not an option for the urlScheme.

Ok; thanks for letting me know. :slight_smile:

Please consider this a feature-request. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

It’s noted but it’s unlikely since it would involve a redirect.

I knew it was a long-shot, but it was worth a try. :wink:

No harm in asking! :smiley: It may be an option at some point, but that’s the current state of things.