Global Inbox Badge says "1" but there's nothing there

My Inbox badges work fine in all my other databases, but suddenly today my Global Inbox Badge says there’s one item in it, but there’s nothing there.

Has anyone ever seen this, or know how to repair it?

I’m running DEVONthink Pro Office 2.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.3.

I’ve already rebooted, and I’ve already tried verifying the database.

I used finder on the Inbox, found an item in Finder, and deleted it, but that didn’t help either.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

This worked:

Quit DT Pro.
Please take a look at the folder named “Inbox” at /Home/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/. Move “Inbox” temporarily to the Desktop.
Now select the file named “Inbox.dtBase2” at /Home/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/. Move this database file to the Desktop, too.

More problems: now I’m missing the InBox icon next to the Tags icon in the Three Panes display.

It’s there for all my other database.

How do I fix my global inbox? Really need help. Thanks.

I guest the deal here is that on the left hand sidebar, the Global Inbox has an unusual icon.

You CAN also add a Group to the Global Inbox list called “Inbox”, but that icon will be a “normal” icon folder. It will also mistakenly make the badge on the left register “1” even if you haven’t added anything. The left-hand database sidebar Global Inbox badge registers folders, as well as items.

What I don’t understand is that in all my other databases, the InBox has a special icon, similar to the special icon for the Global Inbox in the database left-hand side bar.

Does anyone understand this? Thanks for any answers.

All groups count in the badge total everywhere in DT, except for special groups such as Trash, the top level Tags group, etc.

I don’t what is causing the problem here, but as a suggestions it is not advisable to move the Global Inbox database(*1) nor the Global Inbox(*2) in the Finder. As a start, quit DT and return them back to the default location. Also, I would not recommend deleting files from any database while in the Finder.

*1: /Home/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Inbox.dtBase2
*2: /Home/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Inbox

Restart DT and verify the Inbox database by first selecting Inbox in the Sidebar. If you are working in another database, executing the Verify command verifies that database, not the Global Inbox database or any other open database. Hope this helps.

It’s fine. Moving them with Finder out of that area didn’t hurt anything. DT just recreated the two files next time I started it.

I’ve realized there’s a BIG different between the “Inbox” under “Global” in the left-hand database sidebar (blue icon), and the yellow “Inbox” group that I had had listed under the Tags group. I must have put that Inbox group there; but there’s really no need for it. In Three Pane view, new Global Inbox items show up in the big window on the right side and are easy to deal with. I don’t need to move them to an “Inbox” group WITHIN the Global Inbox! That would be just silly.

But you’re right: that’s why the count was “1”. There was a group there (in the global database).