Good option for editing "formatted note" format on iOS?

I’m exploring the use of the “formatted note” format, and was wondering whether anyone has found a good external editor for that format on iOS. The built-in editor in DEVONthink To Go is usable, but certain basic things like bold/italic/etc are awkward to accomplish and in general I find myself doing a lot of tap this, wait for a pop-up menu, tap that, move the cursor here, etc. Maybe there’s an external editor that could be used using the Share feature in iOS, to edit them a little bit more conveniently? It wouldn’t need to be very powerful or feature-complete, just a little bit better than the built-in editor. I’m mostly concerned about using it from an iPhone (so, no keyboard), rather than an iPad.

No problem with the basic functions (limited)
I use the Textastic app for access to the markup code

Note we are hard at work on a greatly improved editor
That should make rich text content much nicer to work with. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

7 Likes

OMG thank you for mentioning this. This news is extremely timely: this has just helped me make a decision about a collaboration problem i’ve been trying to solve for (literally) hours yesterday and today.

You’re welcome.
Do note: I cannot say when but I can say the internal tests look really good so far.

2 Likes