Having no luck with syncing my Mac Pro to my iPad

I realise that most people are apparently having no problems with this but since the updates for DT Pro Office and DT 2 Go I can’t get them to do a Direct sync at all.

Currently my previous Direct connection (via WLAN) just sits there greyed out in the Locations list. When I click Edit, the entry becomes black, but I still can’t edit it or delete it.

If I start the Server on the Mac, I can access DT Pro on my Mac using Safari on my iPad. But that means DT2Go isn’t used.

Do you have a clear and simple description (for Dummies) of the process for connecting DT2Go on an iPad to DT Pro on a Mac via a local WLAN?

My databases are too large to put them up in DropBox unless I pay DropBox a $99.00 per year.

Hoping you can help me.

I hope you don’t mean actually put your databases in your Dropbox folder. You should never put your databases in a Dropbox (or other cloud-synced) folder or you could irreparably damage them. ​Never. If you have, you ​must ​relocate them immediately. The safest location is somewhere in ~/Documents.

I’m working on something. Please start a Support Ticket. Thanks.