Hazel 5.00 beta (slightly off-topic)

I apologise if this post is too much off-topic. If any moderator regards it as such please go ahead and remove it. However, I know many of us here use Hazel in conjunction with DT.

Hazel 5.00 (changed from a preference pane to an app—so quite a major overhaul) is in beta testing. In order to join the beta test you have to register on the Hazel forums and go to the beta forum. While it’s still early days and the new app is a little buggy I’m enjoying testing it. There don’t seem many other testers active on the beta forum so I’m mentioning it here in case any of you would care to be involved.

I have no association with the developer aside from having used Hazel for a long time.

Again, apologies for the off-topic post.

Stephen

1 Like

I don’t think there is any reason to apologise!!! Hazel is a good compliment to help with even more productive use of DEVONthink. I’ve been using both for years.

I don’t think I’ll take part in the beta as I’m so reliant on it working, though.

Other than the preference pane switch, what major changes good or bad do you notice so far?

Here’s a link to the release notes—which will give a better idea of the changes than can I in a brief post here.

There is currently a bug which affects notes attached to rules (so all notes can disappear if you edit them). Otherwise the rules themselves (imported from Hazel 4) seem to work perfectly well for me. It’s early days in the testing so I’ve not really yet tried any of the new features.

Stephen

1 Like

Here is a link to the Hazel 5 FAQ now posted on the site.

Stephen

In case anyone is interested Hazel 5.0 has just been released.

Stephen

6 Likes