HELP Moved database, lost all data

Hello,

New to DTPro. Cleaned up desktop and moved database from one folder to another. Reopened database and not a single thing is in there.

What to do?

Thanks!

Did you move the database while it was still in use? That can cause troubles. But you might try Tools > Restore Backup… and check if a backup is available.

That must have be the issue. Thank goodness I was just trying things out. I’ll test whether that was really the cause.

I have a somewhat similar problem: I have been examining the trial verstion of DT for some time in a previous version. Upon registering, I simply trashed the old versions. Now I realise that the database(?) that was quite substantial has simply disappeared.
Sorry if this is a RTFM question, I am simply overwhelmed by the sheer volume of Documentation.

What exactly did you trash and which edition do you use? E.g. the folder ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink contains the database of the personal edition.

I have a somewhat similar problem: I have been examining the trial verstion of DT for some time in a previous version. Upon registering, I simply trashed the old versions. Now I realise that the database(?) that was quite substantial has simply disappeared.
Sorry if this is a RTFM question, I am simply overwhelmed by the sheer volume of Documentation.

See questions above.