Help with ScanSnap+DTPO2 in MacOS Catalina?

Does DTPO2 work with the ScanSnap ix500 under MacOS Catalina?

I just upgraded to Catalina, and the scanner works, but when it tries to import into DTPO2, it throws an error:

The operation couldn’t be completed. Bad CPU type in executable."

2022-05-23_18-05-30.160

When I say the scanner works, I mean that although the scan ends up in DTPO2, it throws that same error on every single scan.

Is there something I can do to fix this? I updated the ScanSnap software after updating to Catalina.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

The 2.x line of DEVONthink has been out of development for a few years now. Also, the OCR engine in DEVONthink Pro Office is incompatible to macOS 10.15 Catalina and later.

We strongly encourage you to upgrade to DEVONthink 3 sooner rather than later. Select ​DEVONthink Pro Office > Purchase ​to open our online store with upgrade options specific to your license.​ The Pro edition would be the natural successor to Pro Office.

And make sure you are running DEVONthink 2.11.3 before upgrading for the smoothest transition.

Thanks for the help. Will DTP3 work with the ScanSnap ix500 under MacOS Catalina?

Until upgrading to BS and then Monterey I used DT3 on Catalina with an iX500 without any problems.

1 Like

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info.

Were you able to continue using your ix500 with DTP3 under Big Sur and Monterey?

Still using it now, so yes :slight_smile:

Thanks for the helpful info. I’ve just taken the plunge and upgraded the DTP3.

1 Like