Home Sync does not work?

Time Machine appears to have no trouble with the dbase files, but Home Sync doesn’t like it one bit. Is there a workaround (I’d like my vital documents on the file server, thanks, since you can’t do that with DT natively.) ?

I get the attached screenshot every time the sync starts off…
Screen shot 2010-04-24 at 7.29.10 AM.png

Did you quit DEVONthink before synchronizing?

Hi,

I’m having exactly the same problem, using Snow Leopard Server Home Sync on my mobile account. The problem occurs regardless of whether DTPO is running or not. Once the inbox is flagged as having a problem, this comes back every time.

Other programs have this issue too when you attempt to sync while they are running, eg Skype. But it goes away when you quit Skype, and then sync.

BTW I have turned off background syncing for that reason, and it works OK, except for DTPO’s inbox. This is not a benign bug either because this way, I have lost many files which I had “saved” to the inbox. To be complete: the Sorter is never activated, and I never log out or sync without quitting DTPO first.

I suspect this must be a relatively generic problem, but I know too little about what’s under the hood with the inbox feature to try and tamper with it.

Thanks for helping out.

Does the folder ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Inbox or the database ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Inbox.dtBase2 cause the problem?

I’m attaching the window.
Screen shot 2010-08-31 at 7.08.03 PM.png

Assuming that there’s nothing in the global inbox, then you could try this:

1. Quit DEVONthink
  2. Delete ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Inbox.dtBase2
  3. Launch & quit DEVONthink again. This creates a new database for the inbox.

Does the synchronization work afterwards?

This approach works at first. After the procedure, I added some new files to the inbox.
First sync: no problem. Log out.

Log out -> automatic sync detects sync error on inbox.dtbase2 and offers choices to keep one or the other version. Kept the most recent (ie, local) version.

Log in. Add another file to inbox. Sync home: sync error, but without choices to remedy the problem.

Log out -> sync problem detected but no choice to solve the problem.

So it seems it helps temporarily, but the issue reappears after a few items have been added to the inbox.

Regards

The problem seems to go away by disabling “Server side file tracking for Mobile Home Sync” in SLS Server Admin. Not an elegant solution since it takes ages to sync now, but it works.

I also noticed that 1Password’s keychain file doesn’t sync properly.

Maybe it has something to do with packages?