How best to run searches in one large reference file

Hello, I would like some advice on a suitable workflow please. I have a lot of notes in paper notebooks. I have been adding most notes to my DT database as markdown files, but not all of them have been transferred. So that I don’t miss the fact I have notes on something outside of DT, I have created a “master reference file” which is a Markdown file where each notebook is listed with a list of contents. Where a note has been copied to DT, I’ve included a link to the new file, so the markdown doc looks like this:

# Index of Notes

{{TOC}}

## Notebook 1

| Topic | Link in DT |
| Apples | link to file |
| Lemons | |
| Oranges | link to file |

## Notebook 2

| Topic | Link in DT |
| Apples | link to file |
| Lemons | |
| Oranges | link to file |

Etc.

[Not relevant to my actual question, but I did wonder if this was the best format for this, so feel free to say if there is a better way.]

My actual question:

I don’t think I want to exclude this file from search, because I may not know that I have notes on something unless DT’s search pulls up the reference in this file. However, because I have actual files of the same name as the words in this file, this file is going to come up in a lot of searches. I’m not sure how i feel about that (I’m not sure there’s a way to avoid it?).

Most the time though I will know that the notes I need were in a notebook, so I’d like to set up a rule or quick way to search only this file. Or at least, search this file first and then look in the rest of DT.

Is this possible? I know I can click to this file then look in it, but there must be a cleverer way?

Also, if you manage an index/reference to documents outside DT, how do you do it?

However, because I have actual files of the same name as the words in this file, this file is going to come up in a lot of searches. I’m not sure how i feel about that (I’m not sure there’s a way to avoid it?).

Have you tried this for a period of time to see ”how you feel about it”?

Or at least, search this file first and then look in the rest of DT.

Why not add the file as a Favorite for quick access and searching?