How can I add an Applescript to the toolbar?

How can I add an Applescript to the toolbar? - The documentation says I just create my script in ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.devon-technologies.think3/Toolbar, then use Customize Toolbar on the Toolbar I want to add my script to.

Done these two steps, but in the then opening palette of Toolbar icons I cannot see my script.

Do I miss something here?

Those two steps should be correct; it’s just possible you need to restart DT once after having put the script in the Toolbar folder (DT caches scripts on startup).

Here’s my workflow

1. To store the script, I opened the scripts folder using the icon in the menubar Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 05.41.23

It’s easy to see the Toolbar folder
with my script Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 05.45.16

1. After restarting, it’s easy to see my script in the palette of icons

Thanks for the replies. I did restart, but that didn’t help.

I suspect you cannot use symlinks in the Toolbar folder:

• When I symlink the script from its normal location to the Toolbar folder, the script does not show up in the Customize panel. :unamused:
  • But when I duplicate (i.e. copy) the script to the Toolbar folder, then I can see it and drag it to the toolbar. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

What is the best way then to keep the same script in the Script Menu and in the Toolbar?

Did you try to put the original in the toolbar folder and an alias in the menu folder? This should work

1 Like

Aaah, thanks. Very literale thinking! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Will try that!

However then I still can’t sync the scripts easily between multiple Macs. - A central location in iCoud or Dropbox from which I symlink to Script menu and Toolbar would be better…

I moved my Menu scripts folder somewhere else and used a symlink - but I don’t sync it, so the following is not tested.

You could try to move the entire Menu folder to a synced folder and put a symlink into DEVONthink’s application support folder.

No idea whether that will work fine, though.

That’s an idea. Might give it a try.