How can I sync Devonthink across all devices as it doesn't anymore?

Hi,

How can I sync Devonthink across all devices?

Devonthink 3 was able to sync on DTTG on my iPhone and iPad but it doesn’t anymore.

It synced with my iPhone recently and did a lot of updating but it did not complete the process.

I connected to two new databases to the iPhone but while it appears on the iPhone, it is not updating.

The best,
-BrianP

Please make sure to provide details like what kind of sync you’re using. There is more than one.

Hi,

The sync from my MacBookPro to my IOS and iPhone do not have the same numbers as a grand-total.

I sync using the only one method that I know is available so I don’t know how to describe it.

I set them up on the iPhone and IOS devices.

The device generally sync items but they are not 100% aligned

Flagged items on Mac = 1; iPhone = 123; IOS= 109
All documents on Mac (History) = 33113, iPhone (All documents) -36028; IOS (All documents) = 35419.

Is there a way to sync the devices more accurately especially the flagged items?

The very best,
-BrianP

I sync using the only one method that I know is available so I don’t know how to describe it.

What method is available?

Hi,

I took some screenshots to share how the sync is set up on my iPhone.

I hope this helps.

The best,
-BrianP

That’s showing an iCloud sync location is active. However, as mentioned in the forums more than once, it is quite possible iCloud has stalled - a condition over which we have no control, nor can we even detect it. We can’t reproduce this issue, and some have said it “just started working!”

Here are a few things people have said “worked” , though we obviously can’t test it since we can’t reproduce it. I would try them individually, starting with the simplest…

• Reboot the problematic device(s).
  • In DEVONthink’s Preferences > Sync , disable the iCloud location and quit the application. Relaunch DEVONthink and re-enable the sync location again.
  • In iOS’ Settings > your Apple ID > iCloud, try disabling and re-enabling iCloud Drive and DEVONthink.
  • In iOS’ Settings > your Apple ID, sign out of iCloud and sign back in.
  • In macOS’ System Preferences > Apple ID > Overview, sign out and back in.