How do I find all recently imported files?

When I played around with smart rules, I accidentally saved this rule and had it active for a day or two while DT was running in the background:

I noticed this when files I created in some folders on my system vanished almost immediately. It was weird and it took me a while to figure out that the folders in which this happened were indexed in DT and it was DT moving those files them into its database :laughing: Anyway, now that I figured it out, I wanted to check which files had been moved without me noticing but Iā€™m not sure how i can search for all external files across databases. Is there a way? (sorry if this is trivial)

Another thing that I donā€™t quite understand is how exactly this rule is actually triggered. My thinking was that since the rule says ā€œSearch in Databasesā€ it would never be triggered by some external files. So I figured that also external files that are indexed in DT are regarded as being ā€œin the databaseā€. Is that correct? Itā€™s a bit confusing, because if they are already ā€œin the Databaseā€, you wouldnā€™t expect the action ā€œMove to databaseā€ to do anythingā€¦

And then: the rule says that the actions should be performed ā€œon demandā€, ā€œon startupā€ and ā€œon importā€. Why were they performed as soon as a file was created? I figured that since it canā€™t be triggered by ā€œon demandā€ or ā€œon startupā€, it must be an import that is happening here, right? So I conclude that a file being indexed in an external folder is synonymous with it being ā€œimportedā€ into the database?

Actually the files arenā€™t external anymore after moving them into the database via the smart rule. You might have a look at the default History smart group (see sidebar) and sort it by addition date.

Yes, of course. I meant to ask how to search for files in the database and sort them by date added. Your solution works the other way around: sort by date added (history) and then look for internal files. So thanks for the quick solution!

Just search e.g. for kind:any additiondate:today item:!indexed or kind:any additiondate:yesterday item:!indexed via the toolbar.

1 Like

Also check this outā€¦

1 Like