How do we delete Version 2 after upgrade to V3?

Good afternoon
Bought DT_3 today, want to remove DTP_2. Being not too expert, I am not sure to understand all what was written in these exchanges, my simple question is : shall I merely abide by the attached check-list ? Thanks b4hand.

@BigFish:
At a bare minimum, you can merely delete the DEVONthink 2 application and reboot the machine.

@kfast:
Welcome!
Perhaps we could transition custom resources on launch, but Development would have to assess this.

Thank you. Thus I understand that the reply to my question is ‘no’.
To run DT_3, I need to keep the ‘DEVONThink Pro 2’ folder in ‘Application support’ as well as all others corresponding folders/files spread here and there and not remove DTP_2 as per the check-list. I will obviously stick to that, but I am asking myself what if I change my Mac… Guess there is a procedure somewhere on your site to that effect.

You definitely don’t “need to keep the DEVONthink Pro 2 folder to run DEVONthink 3”.

As @kfast mentioned, if you have some custom resources (templates, scripts, etc.) you’ve added, you’d need to migrate those manually. Otherwise, here is the current list for a full uninstall…

To do a deeper clean when moving from DEVONthink Pro (Office) 2 to DEVONthink 3…
Note: While it is not a prerequisite, we strongly recommend making sure your proper primary backups are current before starting this process.

Trash the following files and folders, noting the tilde (~) signifies the User Library:

• DEVONthink Pro (Office) application
  • ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2
  • ~/Library/Preferences/com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2.*
  • All DEVONthink Pro Office-specific scripts in ~/ Library/Scripts/
  • All DEVONthink Pro Office-specific workflows in ~/Library/Workflows/
  • All DEVONthink Pro Office-specific scripts in ~/ Library/PDF Services/
  • DEVONthink related Bookmarklets from your web browser
  • The Inbox in the sidebar of your Finder windows
  • Delete the DEVONthink Sorter from System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items , if present.

Then reboot the machine.

Good afternoon,
Did it first on ‘seat n°2’ (MacBookAir), made some testing, then did it on ‘seat n°1’ (iMac) after backup of course, and… everything went fine and all work well (so far) !
Thanks for your assistance.

You’re welcome. :slight_smile: