How i can move a document into group with keyboard shortcut?

My Bold on this quote.

Rather than view my new incoming documents in Inbox, I use the Today and/or Yesterday (as appropriate) Smart Groups. By default those Smart Groups view the Location field, and if not, I add that important field to the the view. Then when I put a document into a Group and then I notice it’s not the correct place, I don’t have to go hunting. DEVONthink displays where it is. It does not disappear and “hunting” not req’d–as it would in the Inbox since after the move it isn’t in the Inbox. I just slap my forehead and simply move it again with the simple short cut key.

Lots of words to describe something simple.

1 Like

Undo across databases is not yet possible but you could use Go > To Last Destination (Cmd-L) to jump to the chosen group.

2 Likes

Thanks for this insight into another way to accomplish my workflow. That’s a good alternative, but I’m still looking for a way to get a single consistent action from a keyboard shortcut.

Great suggestion on CMD-L. Thanks. (Although a global Undo would indeed be great.)

I have read the tutorial but I missed a few things. Troubleshooting, I found that Safari’s “Clip to DEVONthink” extension was installed but not turned on. Now that it is it works.

However, as the previous method wasn’t working let me explain it and find out why:

I attempted to use the Menubar DT icon and chose “Safari” while the intended page was displayed.

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 1.30.08 PM

But the results were garbage.

What am I missing about this DT menubar?

1 Like

Please clarify “garbage”.

What I had meant to say was “garbage characters“

Well, the two short-cuts I provided you work the same every time, and I call that “consistent”.