How to autocapture web archives

I love using the sorter when browsing web pages but would like links that I drag there from Firefox to be stored as Captured Pages instead of links.
Is it possible to change this behaviour?

I’m using verion 2.0.7 on OS X 10.6.4 with Firefox 4 Beta 11

Thanks

This might be an issue of the Firefox 4 betas as dragging & dropping links from Safari & Firefox 3.6.14 adds web archives by default.

One workaround is the use the “Clip to DEVONthink” bookmarklet/extension instead of the Sorter.

Thanks, I thought it worked before…
Hopefully once firefox 4 reaches release the sorter can be altered to work with it. the better memory management and speed has made it too hard to go back!
On that note, it would be good to have some more options with the sorter.
Eg: hold option to change behavior to link/archive when dragging…

I’m a bit unclear on whether, when one captures a web archive, the file is saved to DT and therefore if the website is taken down the contents will remain in the database, or if, in order to guarantee that contents will be sure, you need to save as pdf or html? Can you help explain?

Thanks so much!

Yes, when you capture as WebArchive, the text, images and links of the page are saved to disk as a .webarchive file and will be preserved even if the page no longer exists on the Web.

Note that if the captured page contains dynamic images (floating and moving ads, for example) this may result in aesthetic glitches, and when opened the WebArchive document will go out to a Web in an attempt to download any missing parts of the dynamic images. If that happens, and if you are interested in the layout and content of the whole page, you might try a PDF capture.

Personally, as I’m really not interested in the page design and layout, but only the text and image content of an article, I usually capture only the selected area of the page that contains the article, using the keyboard shortcut ‘Command-)’ for the Service to capture a rich text note. Unfortunately, that Service still doesn’t work in Firefox.

I have tried the issue raised with the sorter and Firefox 4 (latest release candidate) and it appears to work correctly i.e.

Drag a link = Creates a web archive
Drag a link + Command + Option keys = Adds a link/reference

If you find this not to be the case, can you provide some additional info.

Thanks

Yes, it is now working correctly,

incidentally, it does not appear to be possible to use the same shortcut (command+option+drag link) when dragging to the devonthink window directly.

it would be nice to be able to be able to do this too.
Even better would be an option in preferences where one could set something like:

“always create web archive rather than link”