How To Avoid Duplicates When OCR Finder Located PDF Files

Good Morning.

I have stored my PDF files in the file system of macOS. They are indexed in DTPO. When I OCR such a file, DTPO creates a new PDF file which is stored only in the database. Therefore, now I have two files of the document: the non-OCRed file in the file system of macOS and the OCR’ed file in DTPO. When in DTPO I then move the OCR’ed file into the finder, I have two files in the respective directory, with the latter has an amended file name by -1.

I would like to have the OCR command working as follows:

1. If the file ist stored in Finder, move the file into the database.
  2. OCR the file.
  3. If the file was stored in Finder, move the OCR’ed file into Finder.

Is there in DTPO a setting option, or is a script available to achieve such an behavior?

The preference setting for OCR to move the original file into the trash bin obviously is only applied on files which are stored in the database, but not on files in the file system of macOS.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Kind regards, Friedrich

The script posted in the folllowing thread might be useful:

You could also use a third-party OCR application to process the files in place. Such software often comes with a scanner purchase.

I have Scansnap which came bundled with the Fujitsu Scansnap 1200. But, as far as I can see, the included OCR software is not separately applicable to PDF files.

Kind regards, Friedrich