How to create a shortcut to create audio note in DTTG?

Hi,

I am very new to devonthink to go. I want to quickly to add audio note when I am walking. My idea is to create a shortcut to create audio note, and triggered by back tap 2 times.

so I create a x-callback shortcut using x-devonthink://clip?desitnation=..., it opens the New Item menu, but didn’t go straight to audio recording coz I don’t know what is extra parameters. Can anyone help to provide?

Another issue is it can only be trigger one time. I mean after I double back tap and open the new item menu, I click cancel, it will not be triggered again when I back tap again. Any ideas? Thank you

Cheers,
Ron

Welcome @ronl

I mean after I double back tap and open the new item menu, I click cancel, it will not be triggered again when I back tap again.

I’m not sure what you’re referring to here.

a x-callback shortcut using x-devonthink://clip?desitnation=

The clip command would not be used in this instance. (PS: You misspelled destination).

The createDocument command could be used but you’d have to encode the audio and pass it with the correct UTI. With audio, the encoded data may exceed the length of a URL.

We have some new things coming in the next release of DEVONthink To Go that will make something like this much easier. Stay tuned for good things to come!

1 Like

@BLUEFROG

We have some new things coming in the next release of DEVONthink To Go that will make something like this much easier. Stay tuned for good things to come!

:kissing_heart:

1 Like

Hi @BLUEFROG, thanks for your reply, cannot wait for the new feature.

What I want to implement is when double back tap, it will do the following automatically for me:

1. popup the new item window
  2. Select media
  3. Select Voice note
  4. Click record

After that I can speak, and then I will stop after I finish.

I think createDocument might not the one I should use, and seems clip is the one, but I don’t know the supported parameters?

Might wait till the new release?