How to delete a database just in DEVONthink To Go?

I have a database that I use exclusively for indexed items. It’s also the only database I use on DEVONthink To Go for iOS (iPhone).

I went to delete it only on DEVONthink To Go, but the warning I saw when going to delete it there made me think it would be deleted everywhere else.

How do I remove that database only from DEVONthink To Go for iOS on my iPhone, but keep it on my Macs?

open DTTG’s settings → SYNC |> Locations → click (don’t uncheck!) your remote locations → uncheck the database you don’t want in DTTG.

I don’t know exactly, but you may need DTTG Pro

Deleting a database on any device has no effect on the other devices.

2 Likes

That’s good to know! I’ve often wondered about what would happen myself. Thanks.

No problem.

1 Like

Good to know as I had started having all databases on my Mac synced with my iPhone. Now I have decided to manage my current tasks using one database with the information necessary and move the respective group to the area of responsibility DB on my Mac when the task is completed. At first I hesitated to delete all the other DBs on my iPhone, but now I can go ahead and save storage space on my iPhone as well as sync time.

I know this old but I found this after googling the same question. The warning that you get when you go to delete a database does make you think that you are deleting it everywhere: to make the mobile version more user friendly, can the message be changed to make it clear that it will only delete the database from this device. Thanks.

2 Likes

We have changed the message to:

You are about to remove database ‘<database>’ from this device. This action can’t be undone. Do you really want to proceed?

3 Likes