How to get a richer group selector via AppleScript?

When I use the AppleScript command ```

display group selector

In Safari, if I use the PDF printing service ```

Save PDF to DEVONthink Pro

``` I get a selector that looks like this:![dt-save-pdf-group-selector.png|451x371](upload://jklcZff1JIq146wJXlIV9xCnEcj.png)
Notice how this one has "Tags" and "Name" fields in addition to the group list.

Question: Is there a way for me to get the "Tags" field when using the AppleScript group selector? 

I looked in the AppleScript dictionary but could not find an option to the group selector command that would affect whether it allows the user to add tags, but maybe there's a way to do it, or a different AppleScript command to use?

No, there is no way to control which is presented.

Darn, that’s too bad :slight_smile:

Is there a tag selector interface available in AppleScript? Currently, in AppleScript, I have to show a dialog that lets the user type tags as plain text, which means there’s no auto-complete functionality and the user may introduce typos (or simply forget the name of the tag they’re trying to enter). It would be great if there was a way to get the DEVONthink tag selection behavior on demand. Even if it’s a separate AppleScript command (maybe display tag selector), it would still be better than having users type tags in a free-form manner…

Sorry, but no, there’s no Tag selector either. We may consider this for upcoming releases.

This is an old question, but I was wondering whether this might have changed, and whether there is a tag selector of some kind now available. Currently, doing something like

set theGroup to display group selector "Destination" for theDatabase

allows one to select only the destination group. It would be convenient to be able to add tags at the same time. Looking at the AppleScript dictionary, I don’t see an option that might enable that. But perhaps there is alternative approach?

Nope. The group selector till does not have the same options. @cgrunenberg would have to weigh in on this.

That’s correct, maybe a future release will support this but nothing in the pipeline.