I just got my upgrade to Devonthink Office 3. I installed it and opened it and I do not see my database from Devonthink Office 2.
Is there any official procedure, which I have to follow to see my V2 database in Devonthink 3 ?
Like it seems, that Devonthink Office 2 uses a different database location on my Macbook. Do I need to copy the database first to the new location of Devonthink Office 3 ?
I am running V3.01 and V2.11 and Devonthink Office is installed under OS X Catalina.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Thank you, that worked. I was just not sure, whether I have to do some pre work.
Another thing is the Mail add-on. It is not installing in Apple Mail on OS X Catalina. I tried it with the closed Apple Mail app, don’t get any message and nothing is installed in Apple Mail.
Is there a workaround for this problem ?
and nothing is installed in Apple Mail.
What do you say there’s nothing installed in Apple Mail?
I mean, there was usually an entry in the Apple Mail menu, where I was able to move mails into Devonthink Office. This entry is no more there.
Do this to ensure the plugin is properly installed and enabled…
- Quit Mail.
- Quit DEVONthink 3.
- Enable Full disk access in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy for DEVONthink 3
- In the Finder, hold the Option key and choose Go > Library .
- Go into the Mail/Bundles folder and delete the DEVONthink.mailbundle .
- Relaunch DEVONthink 3 and install the Mail plugin from DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons .
- Relaunch Mail and enable the plugin via Apple Mail’s Preferences > General > Manage Plug-ins .
Excellent ! Thanks a lot for your help. That solved the problem.