How to remove duplicate entries

In my database, there are many duplicate entries and I want to delete them. How to keep older projects and delete recently imported data.
Because I recently imported all the data repeatedly, and many of the data I imported before have added notes, so I hope to delete the recently imported duplicate items.

You could try to build a smart group for all duplicates and sort it by “date added”

1 Like

You can use the built-in Duplicates smart group in a database to corral those files. And as mentioned, View > Sort > Date Added.

1 Like

How do you delete all but one of the duplicates?

Is there a way to merge folders to overwrite the duplicates?

Basically, I want to clean up the duplicates in the database.

If I just go into the duplicates smart group and delete all dups then I believe that I will have 0 instances of the files that were duplicated. I want at least one instance of the PDF when I am done.

Do any of the De-Dupe utilities work with DT?

• No, you can’t merge groups to eliminate duplicates.
  • No, you can’t use such third-party utilities with DEVONTHINK.
  • From our blog…

In the menu Scripts > Data (Scripts looks like a stylized ‘S’) there is a script called Move Duplicates To Trash . If you select files in the Duplicates smart group (any or all) and run this script, all but the most recently added instance of each set of duplicates will be sent to the database’s trash.

1 Like

Where do we go to enter feature requests.

When working on a project there are times when you need to pull the data together from different sources. Those data sources might have some duplicate files.

And what’s the actual request?