How to remove floating note previews?

I am annotating a PDF with the note function (new to Devonthink, and so this is my go-to so far; if someone has a better suggestion, please point it out to me!). When I scroll away form a little note that simply looks like a square, and go back, I see this (attached) preview and it obscures the text below it. I tried deleting the note to get rid of the preview, and the note was deleted from the annotations panel, but the preview stayed there. The little “X” also isn’t clickable. What do I do to get rid of this, and to stop this previews from appearing altogether? Thank you.36%20AM

Which version of DEVONthink and of macOS do you use?

Devonthink Pro 3, High Sierra 10.13.6

I just noticed that when I delete the note and scroll away and scroll back, the preview disappears. But I don’t want to have to delete my notes to see the original text. If there is a way to disable previews that would be useful.

That’s a known bug of High Sierra’s PDFKit framework, the only workaround is to upgrade to Mojave (or soon Catalina). Another possibility is to annotate the PDF document in Preview.app via Data > Open Externally > Preview