How to Resize the Document List Window?

In DEVONthink ToGo on iPad/iPhone, is there a way to widen the window on left which holds the lists of groups, databases, documents, etc.? My document file names are too wide to be shown in the window width provided and I long to simply swipe something to widen the view, taking space from what is often an empty document view window on the right.

I’ve press every part of the screen, look through documentation, searched here … Perhaps hiding in plain site, but I’m stumped. Any suggestions?

No, this is not possible. The item list is a fixed width.

Note the item list should show three lines worth of text for a filename, however, we also caution against using overly long filenames:

Thanks. Sort of thought so, but figured I would ask. I can’t control the file names (done by others), but will try to change the worst of them.

I can’t control the file names (done by others)

Understood.

If you have any pull, I would make the suggestion of more manageable filenames to the others.

We are using the exactly same split view controller like many other iOS apps. And iOS here has no concept of movable panes other than we’d reinvent the wheel from scratch here. See for example also Apple Mail and others.

Please don’t reinvent! I recognise the standardisation. Sometimes that gets in the way and sometimes not. It works in Mail for me as the info on the left is not normally “long”. Just checking that I wasn’t missing anything – and I’m not!

For future, maybe an idea would be with a Group/Folder is selected on the left, populate the window on the right with a list of contents (groups/folders or files, whatever there is) and enable “drill down”. if on right the list is text it could be wider and more visible.

Just an idea. Not critical. May not be important. I live in a multi-machine world and use DEVONthink onn 27" iMac, Macbook, iPad, and iPhone. As my use increases (which I am trying to do…both to read and to prune and update meta data), doing the latter in front of the TV with my iPad is becoming my preferred way. But DEVONthink on the iMac is terrific!!

For future, maybe an idea would be with a Group/Folder is selected on the left, populate the window on the right with a list of contents (groups/folders or files, whatever there is) and enable “drill down”. if on right the list is text it could be wider and more visible.

While it won’t support overly long filenames still, have you seen Grid View, invoked by touching the number of items in a group?

Nice. Didn’t know that. Thanks!!

You’re welcome :slight_smile: