How to search by label

I can’t seem to find in the manual HOW to search for items I’ve assigned a label to across databases. Or even one database at a time, but I would prefer to be able to see everything I’ve labeled all at once. On page 93 of the manual, I thought I’d found what I wanted, but that isn’t working.

For example, in several databases, I have projects I’d like to work on soon. I’ve labeled them as “To Do”. How can I easily search for them?

I’m probably missing something here, but when you say "label” do you mean "tag”? I thought labels were merely colour labels—not text labels.

If you do mean tag it’s very easy to set up a smart group to display everything tagged with the same tag, like this:

Sorry if I’ve missed something obvious!

Edit: Sorry, I did miss something obvious: Label → To Do! However, you can still set up a smart group in a similar way to that shown…just use Label instead of Tag and change the last field accordingly.

Stephen

1 Like

Try page 231 instead:

label: The color label of a file, from 0 (no label) though 7 or by name, e.g., Important.

But I’d suggest you follow the advice of @Stephen_C and create Smart Groups, at least for items labeled “To do” as there is always something to do…

2 Likes

My set of labels is Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 09.48.50

and search panel example is Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 09.47.39

or short form Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 09.48.03

I also have a smart group set up for quick access

1 Like

Thank you al SO much! Sorry I couldn’t get back to this yesterday. I appreciate the help!