How to set DAP back comletely to default settings?

I think I’ve hyperconfigured my Devonagent Pro. So I want (a) to save my current settings including the search engines scheme and (b) than set up DAP as it came out of the box.

How can I do that?

Try quitting DEVONagent. Then, navigate to

*/Library/Preferences/com.devon-technologies.agent.plist

Rename that file – e.g., by adding .old as the extension. Then relaunch DEVONagent…

I have the same issue (but being a complete newbie and messing up some of the preconfigured search sets before understanding that I should have made new ones…). However, when I try to rename the file as suggested, it just goes back to the original name and my messed up settings are still there.

When you try to rename what file?

Following @korm 's suggestion to rename “com.devon-technologies.agent.plist” and relaunch DEVONagent to reset the programme settings.

Rather than renaming, try simply moving the file to a different location (e.g. your documents folder), deleting it once you know you no longer need it.

@Blanc (and @BLUEFROG to follow up),
It seems to have worked to move the file instead. My plugins and search sets are still there, but I think the edited standard search sets seems to have been reset again to their original form (and I have learnt my lesson not to fiddle with the originals, but instead to duplicate them and edit their the new version). Thanks!

1 Like

You’re welcome. Glad to hear you’re in a better spot now!

1 Like