How to setup DevonSphere?

I’m feeling like an absolute moron here. I just purchased and installed DevonSphere Express. I see it in my Applications folder. But when I click on it, nothing happens. Since I can’t seem to open anything, I don’t have a help manual.

1 Like

Look for the leaf icon in your menu bar, click on it, and from the gearwheel at upper right in the little search window that appears choose Help => Welcome.
Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 12.20.06

1 Like

Got it thank you!

1 Like

A few tips…

1. In Preferences, enable Categories that make sense. Don’t just enable every option.
  2. Add focused Locations. Do not drop your Home folder or entire hard drives into Locations.
  3. Folders on locally networked drives can be searched but are performance-limited by the network conditions.
  4. Check out the built-in Help foudn under the Action button (gear icon).
1 Like

Thank you! Yep, found the categories in the user help and set them up already :slight_smile:

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Forgive my ignorance, but I do not see the leaf icon on my menu bar. Thoughts & thank you

It sounds as if it’s either not installed or is hidden. Try double-clicking on the DEVONsphere app, which should launch it in the menu bar, and then if you’re still not seeing it there, check whether it’s hidden by other menu-bar icons or by a menu-bar management utility such as Bartender.

2 Likes

It looks like that attached:

Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 18.13.07

2 Likes

I am good to go, Nick! Thanks for all your help! :+1:

1 Like

Great! And if you check “Start at login” in the General tab in its Preferences, it’ll load in the menu bar on startup in future. (I think this option is checked by default anyway.)

1 Like