How to show all entries linking to a specific record

Hi everyone,

is there a way to show all entries that link to one specific record?
I write down my thoughts on different topics in seperate records (MD or RTF mostly) and use item links to cross reference.
I would like to see a list of all files that contain such an item link.

Thanks in advance

Mica

You can search for the name of the file you’re linking to.

This only works if I link per the files name. But I prefer to link per Item Link like (x-devonthink-item://355D807D-201C-43A2-BFA3-A9B5860800BB)

You can search for the x-devonthink-item link as well. If it’s present in the content, it should be found.

Note: If you’re creating a Markdown link, the syntax allows for innerHTML instead of the raw link.
Name of the file This is more human readable than the URL alone.

Also, if you copy and paste an item link into an RTF file, it should resolve to the document’s title, not the URL.

What I had in mind was one single search that would show me ALL database records linking to one specific record, no matter how they might link - whether per x-devonthink-item link, wikilink or any other way.

This is not possible, especially since the terms would not be the same (ie. the name of the document is not the name of the reference URL).

Thought so. As a workaround I’ll use MD documents only in the future - no RTF. Does anybody know of a script to convert RTF entries to MD?