I am new to this forum but not to DevonThink Pro, I have been using the app for many years, maintaining several databases in it.
I always synced it between my iMac and Macbook Pro, using the method that the devs advised at the time. But now there seems to be a problem that I need help with. The following is the case:
- The apps are version 3 and kept up-to-date
- They are set to sync via iCloud (CloudKit).
- The iMac app seems to locate its databases on the desktop and work from there, not iCloud Drive.
- The app on the MBP did not see them, so I placed a copy of the databases on iCloud drive to find out if that helps.
- If on the MBP I try to open a database located on iCloud Drive, I get a message: Databases can’t be located in Cloud folders. And DevonThink offers to relocate the database to the Home folder on the MBP. I haven’t done that yet.
- If on the MBP I go to Settings/Sync I see several databases under Remote. Clicking one them results in the message mentioned above.
How do I get DevonThink on the iMac and MBP to sync properly?