I cannot highlight text

Since the update, I’m unable to highlight text. Anyone experiencing this problem?

pdfs or rtfs?

You select the text, then use one of the highlight methods (Format > Highlight, or the “Add or Remove Highlighting of Selected Text” icon, or use the highlighter tool).

It works (PDF, RTF and other kinds).

I’m also having a problem in DPTO with colour highlighting: I am suddenly unable to highlight RTF, RTDF, or PDF + Text.
The Format > Highlight command is greyed out, and the keyboard command Shift-Command-L just beeps.
Unable to boldface or underline text.
Unable to Zoom in or out of text using Shift-Command-+ or -, although menu commands work .
Other commands in Format menu also appear to be greyed out (Add Link, Make Plain Text).
Moreover, it appears that all highlighting I have previously done on RTF and RTFD files has disappeared.
System was and is running El Capitan. Upgrading DTPO from Version 2.3.x to 2.9.8 has made no difference.
I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

If doing Verify and Repair on your database(s) and then rebooting does not correct the errors, you should open a ticket with Support (here or here or support_at_devontechnologies_dot_com), where you can get faster, more personalized attention than the forum.

Thanks Korm,
When I found Verify and Repair was greyed out I realized my problem was insufficient coffee-- I had been trying to edit in a Search (Tools > Search) window.
Problem is being rectified.
Ed

Ah, yes. You should put the special DEVONthink-Edition Keurig next to your desk. :laughing: :laughing:

…I have the same problem - I can highlight some text, but others.

It is nothing to do with search.

I have verified (nothing wrong) so will raise a support ticket.

J.