I loved the smooth heart icon in XMenu, now it's a hard star :(

Dear DEVONtechnologies,

When looking at the little heart icon top right next to the pair of scissors, it made me feel calm and I felt somewhat loved, like entering a beautiful store of needful things.

Now, after the update of November 2019, it’s a star with 5 edges that says “Hey!” to me. It doesn’t invite me – it kinda almost warns me, like a Stormtrooper.

Heck, can I choose my own icon?

With love,
Martin

It’s supposed to be a star to wish upon, like “I wish Catalina wasn’t such a mess. I wish I had a new 16” MacBook Pro. I wish I didn’t have to work, but XMenu will help me launch some apps…" :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, but no you can’t choose your own icon at this time.

OK, gotcha. For my fellow lovers I found a solution:

I opened a previous version of the app v1.9.9 using the contextual menu going to “Show Package Contents” and extracted the heart icon from the Resources folder.

The new version of XMenu also has a @2x file in there that’s twice as large (32px) for Retina screens but if you’re like me, not yet on the 16inch MacBook Pro with 8TB SSD, then you can have that heart icon back.

Here’s the file in case you don’t have the old version anymore: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxh8kvfjsa0gxvw/Userdefined.png?dl=0

Screenshot:

Bearing in mind, this is unsupported behavior :slight_smile:

1 Like

While that technique is flexible, I would also note that one of the user defined menu options is for straight text, which means the Unicode character set, which includes plenty of heart characters. :heart: :heart_decoration: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :brown_heart: :sparkling_heart: :two_hearts: :hearts: :orange_heart: :purple_heart: :black_heart: :blue_heart: :broken_heart: :heart:︎:heart:︎🂱:heart: