iCloud local vs remote sync

Hi all,

I am trying to set up syncing between my home and work Macs via iCloud (CloudKit). I’ve managed to sync the global inbox between the two machines, but for some reason my databases aren’t appearing on my second machine (my work iMac).

The database I’m trying to sync only appears in “Local” on my sync settings on my home Mac. I don’t know how to get it to appear as “remote” instead, which I’m assuming I need to do in order to open it on my work Mac. I’ve searched the User Manual and haven’t figured this out. Can anyone help please?

Thank you!

I figured it out! No need to reply. Won’t let me delete this post. Thank you!

I don’t know how to get it to appear as “remote” instead, which I’m assuming I need to do in order to open it on my work Mac. I’ve searched the User Manual and haven’t figured this out.

That is incorrect and this is documented in the In & Out > Sync > Common Questions section the built-in Help and manual

And glad you got it working now. :slight_smile:

Thank you! One final question here, if I may: I set the max database size on the ‘recipient’ machine too small, e.g. I said the database could be up to 2gb and it’s actually 4gb. Is there a way to increase the size without having to un-sync the database and start again? Thank you!

There isn’t a built-in command. Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.

1 Like