Icon View in Tripane

I’m using Devon to catalog my image resource for my digital painting hobby. It would be extremely helpful if I could display the entries in any of the “Painting Resources” group using the icon mode instead of the details list view. Is there any chance of having that available?

Also, how is Think meta-izing my images? I notice that when I use the (safari)copy image -> dock icon( new with clipboard ) it appends a url to the new entry, this doesn’t happen if I just drag. Classifying my entries is one of the reasons I would use Think for something like this but it seems convoluted to copy instances of each item all over the place. What I really want is an easily accessible text input that stays with the image in which I can type a bunch of crap to have classification and see also generated on.

Thanks,
Thomas

Thomas:

Can’t help you right now with your first request. However, an organizational approach might help, if I understand what you are doing. Example: You choose an original image and make one or more variations of it using digital painting. Suggestion: For a project on variations on an image, create a new group into which you replicate the original, and one or more subgroups that hold the modified image(s). Double-click on the ‘original’ group for an image to open it in a new view. The subgroups will be available for quick inspection.

But here’s an approach that may help with your second request. I’ve set up my windows so that the Info panel is always available for viewing/adding notes for each selected document. See http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/default?user=wbdeville&templatefn=FileSharing5.html&xmlfn=TKDocument.5.xml&sitefn=TKSite.2.xml&aff=consumer&cty=US&lang=en and download the Modified Vertical Split.jpg image. The notes you make in the Comment field are searchable. Once you have sized and placed the group/document windows and the Info panel, DT PE/DT Pro will remember the layout in the future.