If I use webdav to synchronize, can I synchronize with DEVON to go on the IOS side?

I’m sorry I asked this question. I’m using Mac’s DEVONthink now. I feel great. Now I plan to migrate all my notes, but I’m worried about whether it’s inconvenient to view my notes on the mobile terminal. I see There is also a corresponding client on the IOS side, but I don’t know if my MAC side uses webdav, can the IOS side sync with the MAC side instantly?

but I don’t know if my MAC side uses webdav,

WebDAV isn’t natively running on a Mac. You’d need to be running a service or app to provide WebDAV services.

can the IOS side sync with the MAC side instantly?

There is no “instant” sync but Bonjour on your local network is the closest you’ll get.

Bonjour can be used to Sync between devices, IF:

1. The devices are on the same network
  2. The network is private or one that allows Bonjour connections or non-standard ports. (Public and corporate WiFi sometimes disallow these.)
  3. Your firewall or an application like Little Snitch is Off or has exceptions added for DEVONthink’s traffic.
  4. Both devices are On and running DEVONthink / DEVONthink To Go 2 (and DTTG2 must be active, regardless of the Sync method).

Note: In situations where Bonjour traffic may be disallowed, you can connect an iOS device to your Mac via a standard Lightning cable to create an ad-hoc network for Bonjour syncing.

On the server Mac…

In DEVONthink on the Mac acting as the server…

1. Preferences > Sync > Bonjour Options
    • Check Enable Incoming Connections.
    • Leave the Port blank unless you have a known port to assign.
    • Enter a mandatory Password. You will use this when connecting on the other devices.
  2. Leave DEVONthink running.

On mobile…

In DEVONthink To Go…

1. Go into Settings > Sync: Locations
  2. You should see a sync location for the Mac. Click the green plus button next to it.
  3. Set the options per your choice and touch Save.
  4. Enter the password you entered on the Mac.
  5. When it has connected, touch the sync location to show the databases list and flip the switch next to databases you want to import.
1 Like

Thanks Reply. I think I understand how I should use it.My MAC and iPhone are not in the same place, so I can’t use Bonjour.So I can use webdav to synchronize the database to the web, and then log in to the same webdav in the mobile app, then select the corresponding database and synchronize, so that the MAC and IOS data can be kept consistent. , Am I right?

Not exactly. You’d need to use a WebDAV server, whether that’s local or remote. That would be the sync location.

However, you’d need to properly and securely configure the server for access off your network. This is equipment and environment specific so you’d need to research and configure this.

Are you averse to using a public option like Dropbox?
And do you actually need to have the devices synchronized often?

Yes, in my country (China), Dropbox is not available, so I need to use webdav, and now I also use webdav, I feel that using webdav is very fast. Moreover, it is very convenient to use webdav to synchronize between my two PCs. Now my only requirement is to achieve this goal in the IOS APP.

In addition, I often sync.