Image Edit in Rich Text notes?

[Update: has been resolved, see entries below]
There is one UX/UI regression in DT3 which I noticed: The built-in RTF(D) editors (both in the main panel and the standalone one) no longer seem to have menus for bullet lists. Why is that gone? Now there are suddenly sub and superscripts, which, in such a relatively simplistic environment, don’t seem (subjectively to me) be of much use. Lists on the other hand, were for me the main use of quick, in-DT, notes. With that gone, I now always have to fire up TextEdit, (which is now easier with the new “open external by double click” preference). For my workflow, that’s counter-productive.

Format > Show Format Bar

It’s less convenient than being at the top of the document, but it’s there.

Awesome! That’s why these forums are so great. I admit that I did not do a careful walk through the menus after upgrading to v3 last week. I like the layout of this new format bar a lot, very similar to TextEdit.

Con: the format bar is static, it remains there when displaying files that have nothing to edit. On my 12" MacBook, screen space is at a premium. I guess shift-cmd-F is easy enough to become second nature.