Import enitre webpage into DevonThink via services

Hello all,

I’m trying to import a webpage into DevontThink as a pdf via the services menu in Safari. However, the menu items are grayed out. Could someone please give me some advice about what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks,

~A

First, general notes about the Services for an application. 1) The application must be installed in the Applications folder. 2) After installing a new application, a restart or logout/login is required to make the Services available.

DEVONthink Pro 2.0 beta 4 doesn’t provide a service in it’s Services submenu to directly capture a Web page as PDF. But there are several ways to accomplish that.

1. While viewing a page in Safari, press Command-P to invoke the Print panel. Click on PDF, then on ‘Save PDF in DEVONthink Pro’.

2. When Safari is frontmost, click in the Scripts menu (stylized scroll symbol) and choose the script 'Add PDF document to DEVONthink".

3. Bookmarklet options to capture a page either as a paginated or nonpaginated PDF. See http://www.devon-technologies.com/download/extras.html.

The Bookmarklets can be installed in your browser’s Bookmarks toolbar and provide a convenient 1-click set of capture options.

On Firefox the bookmarklet does not work if the NoScript addon is enabled on the current page.

Bill,

Thanks for the bookmarklet suggestion. Works perfectly.

~A