Import from Soho Notes in Mojave

Hello,

I’ve just updated my Mac OS to Mojave 10.14.4 to discover that Soho Notes has become obsolete and won’t open. I would like to migrate my notes database to DevonThink. What is the best way to do this now? Do I have to restore the older OS and then create an export file within Soho Notes (and if so, in what format)? Or can DevonThink import the database within the current OS, without SohoNotes being opened?

Thanks.

DEVONthink doesn’t support importing from SOHO Notes. What kind of files/format can this app actually export?

Thanks for the reply. I don’t know what files/format SOHO Notes can export, if any, since I can’t open the program at the moment. I’ve searched online and all I can find is information on migrating to the successor program NoteLife, which is supposed to be useless.

The manual is not very helpful here. It does say…

If multiple notes are being exported, select to have them exported to a single text file or individual text
files (one file for each note). Then click OK and choose the format and location for the exported notes.

So perhaps it’s only plain text exports?

It is also using a .db file, likely an SQL database under-the-good.

@Kate: Open a Support Ticket at https://helpdesk.devontechnologies.com and we’ll see if we can assist.