Import of ANSYS projects, python JUPYTER notebooks and TEXPAD folders into DT3 FAIL

Hi there, Devonians!
I made a big mess importing some ANSYS projects, python JUPYTER notebooks and TEXPAD folders into DT3 via the finder plugin folder.

Please help as this screwed up huge parts of my research.

Thanks already, and greetings from a newbie!

Questions:

1. Can someone tell me how I could re - extract folder structures from DT3 exactly as I imported them via import folder? Unfortunately original structure gets deleted this way.
  2. Can DT3 not import hidden files and folders (.bla)?
  3. Is there a way to manage ANSYS, python, Matlab projects while not corruptting them?

Result:
ALL above mentioned programs do not open the files any more.

Result details:
ANSYS projects: files .logamgx and .projectcache do not get imported and stay in import folder. Project does not open any more

JUPYTER notebooks: folder .ipynb_checkpoints does not get imported and stays in import folder. Does not work any more

TEXPAD folders: folder .texpadtmp does not get imported and stays in import folder. Does not work any more.

Importing doesn’t delete the originals by default. Only File > Import > Files & Folders… (if the option is enabled) and Cmd-drag & drop to DEVONthink do.

Hidden files are never imported.

The best solution is probably to index these files/folders via File > Index… or Cmd-Option-drag & drop.

Hi Chris,

thx for the answer.
I have been using the import add-on for the finder, which, as far as I understand, deletes originals ? If not, could you tell me where to find the originals?
Best,
Chris

The Inbox in the Finder’s sidebar? This is just a folder, meaning that by default the Finder moves items to it instead of copying them.

correct, and then DT3 runs a script which adds the files and as far as I got it deletes them from the import folder, meaning they are gone. Please correct me if I am wrong (which I really hope ).

This is correct, the files from the Inbox folder are moved into the database. Restoring a Time Machine backup might be the easiest fix.

tenor