Importing RSS feeds via OPML?

I’m currently using Cyndicate as my RSS aggregator and reader, and I’m thinking of using DTPO as same. Trouble is, it’s a bit time-consuming to set up each one separately.

I’m wondering if there’s a way to export the Cyndicate feed to OPML and then import the OPML into DTPO, creating new feeds from it.

Or is there another way to do this?

I don’t know what Cyndicate can export, but …

Search found 142 matches: +opml

:slight_smile:

I’ve never used Cyndicate but DTP(O) is able to import OPML, both created by outliners or RSS readers.

I’ve just checked this, just export the subscriptions via File > Export > All Subscriptions… and DTP(O) should be able to import the .opml file successfully.

Thanks Christian. My first thought when I read your response was, “But how?” Then I thought, “Well, all I had to do was probably just drag & drop the opml file onto the top pane.” Then I thought, “Nah, that’s too easy, that’s too obvious. Can’t be.”

But I figured, what the heck, let’s try it. Dragged and dropped and voila! all my Cyndicate feeds started showing up and getting refreshed! Cool!

Thanks for the help.

The Outliner Formats section under Appendix > File Formats in Help mentions importing OMPL files. That section is a bit outdated only referring to OmniOutliner 2.x. At least it’s coherent, unlike this part of the Original Document section on the OCR Preferences page:

For documents converted with OCR within the database, the original document is deleted from the database when this option is checked, files that are converted at import, the original document is moved to the Finder’s trash. Use this to prevent your incoming folder for scanned documents or your database will grow more and more cluttered.

Maybe that got mangled with a non-human language translator? :slight_smile:

Christian, I dont have File > Export > All Subscriptions in my menus. Not anywhere. I am using ver. 2.0pb7.

What am I missing?

That’s a command of Cyndicate, not one of DEVONthink.

Duhhh… :neutral_face: