This may be old hat, or because I clean-wiped and reinstalled everything on my machine a while ago, but I believe Markdown clippings from Safari using the Sorter have improved immensely since I last used the service a few months ago.
I just did a clip from Wired that added a heap of metadata to the head of the MD doc: title, description, copyright, author, keywords. It’s my ideal of how a web clip should be clipped. I don’t think DT did this not so long ago.
I just wanted to offer my thanks for this upgrade (if it’s an upgrade). It’s excellent.
I’d also like to offer a suggestion: a preference that allows the user to choose whether such MD metadata is coded as MD frontmatter.
Keep on coding.