Inbox filling up with indexed files or folders

One of my databases countains and indexed folder (this folder containing about 300 subfolders and 4000 pdf, excel, text files). This particular folder is on my “iCloud Drive”. I use 2 Mac (desktop and MacBook) and 2 iOS (iPhone and iPad). On the 2 Macs, “Optimise Mac storage” is set to “Off” on both Mac.
I keep getting new indexed items in my Inbox (the main one, not the inbox from the database that contains the indexed folder, nor the unified one) from files or folder that have been in my indexed folder for months or years…and can’t find a solution to avoid that.
Any ideas ?
Thanks !

Could it be a long forgotten Smart Rule with a Item is older than condition?

I’m guessing ghost folders is what you’re dealing with. Try this…

  1. Quit DEVONthink.
  2. In the Finder, press Command-Shift-G and paste: ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3/Inbox
  3. If you see the folders in here (and this is where they should be) you can safely delete them.
  4. Relaunch DEVONthink.

This is not it.
There is no folder inside Library/Application Support/DEVONTHINK 3/Inbox/
However, Inbox.dtBase2 is about 140Mo.
Everything inside the Inbox comes from the Indexed folder. Some stuff are mark as read, some not.

I tried deleting some stuff from the inbox. Eventhough it is indexed stuff and I selected “delete only in database”, the folder is erased from the Finder AND go to Finder’s trash. However files go in the trash “as-is”, not in the folder they were in.

Lot’s of folders inside the inbox shows as empty (but if I it in Finder, there are stuff inside) and I know all of them are not empty.

I tried closing the only database that contains the indexed folder but the Global Inbox/Inbox still contains some go the subfolders (from the indexed folder)

Hold the Option key, and choose Help > Report Bug to start a support ticket.

1 Like

Just a short follow up.
I’ve been in contact with the support team. They are super reactive !
It looks like there was issue with the sync to DTTG. I cleaned up the databases and the problem seems to be solved.