Incomplete sync in DTTG3?

Is this related to the corrupted PDFs that DTTG 3.x is producing?

I may have resolved this:

MAKE A BACKUP. Make sure the Mac version of the database is backed up to a safe location.

On the Mac, go to your sync preferences, select the datastore, right click on the database, and choose the Clean Database option. This will empty the sync store and disable syncing for that database. Leave it disabled for now.

On the iPad, go to DTTG3’s sync preferences and do the same. You get the Clean option by swiping left on the database name in the list of synced databases.

Then, I deleted the DTTG3 copy of the database entirely, which you can do by swiping left from the main database list. Not sure if that’s necessary, but it won’t hurt.

Next, back on the Mac, re-enable synchronization. Then do the same on the iPad. Depending on the size of the database, this may take some time.

Disclaimer: I’m just a user and do not represent DevonTechnologies in any capacity. You are responsible for your data. MAKE A BACKUP.

1 Like

Yes. We started discussing the issue here a couple days ago when very few people were experiencing this particular problem.

I found a solution after trying several.

1. I created an empty folder on my Desktop

2. Marked “Man”

3. Used “File-Export-Files and folders”, for all Groups and files.

4. Created a new database - I called it “NewMain”

5. Imported all EXCEPT for the group where I expected the Zero file to be

6. Still got one zero file in the new Database BUT not the zero file became visible and I could manual just put in the trash - before it was invisible.

7. Synced the “NewMain” with iPhone & iPad and sync was 100% ok!

8. I did do a backup of the old Main to a separate hard drive before I started so I deleted the old Main.

1 Like