Inconsistent Visibility of Indexed Hidden/dot Folders

I have my Obsidian vault indexed in one of my DEVONthink databases and I’m seeing a weirdly inconsistent handling of hidden folders. My Obsidian vault has two hidden dotfolders, .obsidian and .trash:

Strangely, DEVONthink hides .obsidian (which is the desired behavior), but doesn’t hide .trash.:

Any idea why that would be the case and how to fix it so .trash doesn’t show up as a group?

Both should actually be ignored. Are you able to reproduce this by indexing the Obsidian folder to a new database? Was the .trash folder ever renamed?

I can’t reproduce this here.

What version of macOS and DEVONthink are you running?

PS: Instead of indexing the entire Obsidian directory, why not index individual subdirectories, or are most all of these these user-defined?

How interesting, I just created a new temp database and indexed it, .trash didn’t show up, I went ahead and removed the indexed folder in my main database, reindexed it and .trash is now hidden! I hadn’t renamed it, it’s one of Obsidian’s default folders if you set it to use a local trash folder instead of using the macOS trash. Weird but all is good now, thanks!

DEVONthink 3.8.2, macOS 11.6.4 (my still decent MBP is no longer supported by 11.7 so it’s on the replace list this year)

All but the two hidden folders and maybe Inbox are user defined and frequently evolving at the moment as I’m changing my organization scheme right now as I experiment with PARA, LYT and other systems.

All good now though! Thanks for both of your (very nearly instant) help!

You’re welcome and thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:

i keep falling into this issue, not sure what to do, i did the same as OP but it comes back every so often