incorrect files listed by DEVONsphere for DEVONthink

DEVONsphere Express is very cool. Click on a file on my desktop and I get other docs, contacts, and other related stuff listed. Very useful.

When I click on a doc on my desktop, fine. Seems to work. However, when I select a doc in DEVONthink Pro Office the correct doc name is updated to the see also field, but the preview and results are for a different doc entirely.

This weird mismatch of search field not matching preview and results happens for a bunch of documents.

I’ve run verify and repair in DEVONthink, and I’ve even rebuilt the database. I’ve updated the DEVONsphere Express index. I’m at a loss at this point, so help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the bug report! Does it work after restarting DEVONthink and/or DEVONsphere Express? If not, could you please post a screenshot of DEVONsphere Express’ preview and the document in DEVONthink? And finally, did you duplicate databases (e.g. via the Finder)? Right now that’s the only possible explanation coming to my mind which might cause such troubles.

Screenshot attached. I’ve tried restarting both, as well as my Mac, multiple times.

I originally had the database in a Knox vault and was experiencing the issue I posted. I decided to remove the database from the encrypted vault to see if it would help resolve the file mismatch.

I copied the database from the Knox vault to “~/Documents/DEVONthink/database. dtBase2” and deleted the Knox vault. There is now only 1 copy of the database.

After moving the database I rebuilt the database as described in my original post.

any updates on this or suggestions for me to help resolve this?

Thank you.

Cujo?

Everything seems to be working as expected. Contrary to DEVONthink, DEVONsphere Express doesn’t include the document itself in the results list. Meaning that the results are for iSupportU_Josak_server_review.md and the most related item is apihelpertest.py

I have the same file outside of DEVONthink and get different results when clicking on it, including the file in DEVONthink.

In no way is the other file related – it is a complete mismatch. In the included screenshot you can see the different and correct results I see when clicking on the file outside of DEVONthink.

The issue is DEVONsphere and mismatched files in DEVONthink.

I’d love some useful feedback. Thank you.

If DEVONthink Pro (Office) is running and active, then the results are directly retrieved from all currently opened DEVONthink databases and the file apihelpertest.py seems to be the most “related” file inside the databases. It’s kind of an inter-database version of DEVONthink’s See Also.

However, due to a bug the results from the filesystem were not retrieved in this scenario. The upcoming version 1.5 will fix this.

thank you

I tried version 1.5 today using the same file as before, with one copy of the file on my file system and 1 copy in DEVONthink.

Now selecting the file in DEVONthink finds the file on the file system and vice versa, so that seems like a rep forward.

However, a few issues I see right off:

1. No associated contacts are listed as they were before
  2. A completely different set of associated files are listed with the doc when selecting it in DEVONthink
  3. Related files listed when selecting file in DEVONthink are not remotely related – not even close

A different index might cause different results, therefore it’s hard to tell whether it’s working as expected (e.g. the contact might not be one of the top results anymore).

If DEVONthink Pro (Office) is running and active, then the “DEVONthink Pro” category is (also) directly retrieved from DEVONthink. And DEVONthink returns always the “best” results even if they’re not even similar. Therefore the “See Also” results of DEVONthink for this document should actually be identical/similar.

You completely lost me with your answer. I took the screenshots seconds apart.

I’d expect the same results clicking on the same file on the file system or in DEVONthink.

Is the Spotlight index of all your databases enabled (see File > Database Properties)? DEVONsphere Express uses this too to index (closed) databases of DEVONthink Pro (Office).

Yes, “Create Spotlight Index” is checked.

Any chance that you could send us both DEVONsphere’s index (~/Library/Application Support/DEVONsphere Express/Index) and DEVONthink’s database so that we could easily test/reproduce this over here?