Index Google Drive?

Hi All… I am using Google Drive File Stream (Version: 41.0.2.0) and the folder I am indexing is set as available offline, so its downloaded… In the Leap before you ask method that I seem to be find of, I have already tried this and it works… My Google files are in Devonthink and all seems functional.

Will this work? any pitfalls? I used to index dropbox the same way, but I have so much in google that this removed a step (I used to sync dropbox and google and then index dropbox)

Thanks

If the files are local, there shouldn’t be any issue unless the Google Drive location is different on another Mac. If they’re the same (or there is no other Mac involved), you should be okay.

However, you may need to manually update groups in DEVONthink after Google Drive changes are synced locally. See Help > Documentation > In & Out > Importing & Indexing > Indexing and the Filesystem

Thanks for the quick reply …

why are some of the folders (2, in this picture) Dark and look different than the rest??Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 11.19.00 AM

That’s the standard group icon. Have you applied custom icons to the other groups?

Maybe Google did - I didnt - but they look like Google Shared Folder Icons

Check those folders in the Finder. Do they have a custom icon?

Interestingly - All the folders in the finder that are index have the same google drive shared folder icon - see attached (Its a screenshot of the indexed folder in finder)… even the 2 folders with the default Icon for DT3… Not sure what’s going on or if it makes a difference. Everything “seems” OK … should I care :slight_smile:
Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 12.40.43 PM

It looks cosmetic only and of no real concern IMHO.

You can actually select one with the proper icon and show the Info inspector.
Select the thumbnail and press Command-C to copy it.
Then select a group without the correct icon, select its thumbnail in the Info inspector and press Command-V to change it.

Im fine with it as is; for me DT3 is about function - tagging, connecting planning - not too concerned with how the icons look as long as they work!

Understood.